I have not verified the veracity of these, but thought they were just outlandish enough to be true. My source is the website, http://www.legal-forms-kit.com/legal-jokes/dumb-laws.html.
Here is a sample of some of the laws apparently on the books in Alabama:
- It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
- It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
- Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
- It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
- You must have windshield wipers on your car.
- Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.