I have not verified the veracity of these, but thought they were just outlandish enough to be true. My source is the website, http://www.legal-forms-kit.com/legal-jokes/dumb-laws.html.
Here is a sample of some of the laws apparently on the books in Georgia:
- It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroner’s office.
- Signs are required to be written in English.
- It is against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
- One man may not be on another man’s back.
- It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.
- Though it is illegal to spit from a car or bus, citizens may spit from a truck.