I have not verified the veracity of these, but thought they were just outlandish enough to be true. My source is the website, http://www.legal-forms-kit.com/legal-jokes/dumb-laws.html.
Here is a sample of some of the laws apparently on the books in Massachusetts:
- It’s illegal to keep a mule on the second floor of a building not in a city unless there are 2 exits.
- It’s illegal to sell fewer than 24 ducklings at a time before May 1, or to sell rabbits, chicks, or ducklings that have been painted a different color.
- No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.
- Children may smoke, but they may not purchase cigarettes.
- Affiliation with the Communist party is illegal.
- It is illegal to frighten a pigeon.
- Peeping in the windows of automobiles is forbidden.
One thought on “Outlandish State Laws – Massachusetts”
Comments are closed.