As I embark on a new employment adventure, some classic expressions made by Aristotle come to my mind. This sage advice is not only good for me, but also the employees that are members of my team.
- “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.”
- “Persuasion is a form of demonstration, for we are most fully persuaded by something when we believe it to have been clearly demonstrated.”
- “There are three things that inspire confidence in character: common sense; a polite, well-disposed attitude; and a sound moral reputation.”
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
- “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.”
My children also get Dad’s distilled version of these. I bet though if I just told them that “Aristotle said,” it would gain traction with them.
One thought on “According to Aristotle …”
Comments are closed.